Address: 150 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401
Circular Congregational Church, home of The Sound of Charleston, is one of the oldest continuously worshipping congregations in the South, having been founded in 1681. The church’s graveyard is the oldest in the City. Of historical note is the fact that John Newton, author of “Amazing Grace”, worshipped here for several Sundays in the Spring of 1749 on his road to conversion. Many years later, he returned to England and wrote perhaps the world’s favorite and most recognizable hymn. Each performance concludes with the cast singing “Amazing Grace.” Circular Church is handicap accessible. Parking is available in the garages both on Cumberland Street and Queen Street, less than a block from the church.